POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A question about sss implementation in Blender : Re: A question about sss implementation in Blender Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:17:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A question about sss implementation in Blender
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 23 Oct 2007 17:36:36
Message: <471e6964@news.povray.org>
Antonio Ferrari wrote:
<remove>
> And for Povray are these steps easy to implement or not?

You can do something similar with MegaPOV. Using the projection pattern
you can convert the 'light map' into a pigment and blur it using the
average pigment. I made some posts a long time ago about this very same
thing to p.b.images. The method can render very slowly, though.

Funny you should mention Blender, btw. That post in p.o-t led me to
Blender's website, and it looks like the newer version has a bunch of
new features that weren't present in the version I already had. I'm
blown away by how fast you can render hair, SSS, focal blur.... I've got
me a new toy :) :)

Sam